Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
A fixed charge, as specified on the online order, will be applied for postage and packaging on all orders to the UK mainland (excluding UK Islands and Highlands). Orders outside of the UK or to UK Islands, Highlands and Northern Ireland will be subject to an additional postage charge. Postcodes for the Scottish Highlands and Scottish Islands are as follows:
Scottish Highlands includes postcodes:
AB30-56, FK17-99, G83, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH14-26, PH30-41, PH49-50.
Scottish Islands includes postcodes:
HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3.
Please note that orders received on weekends and holidays, or after 2pm (Mon-Fri) may not be processed until the next working day.
No orders, including online training courses will be processed between the hours of 11pm and 8am.
Delivery times are indicative times only and are not guaranteed; however all orders will be processed and delivered to you as quickly as possible. The delivery of Health and Safety Signs will be despatched as quickly as possible, though unfortunately we can not provide a 48 hour delivery service on our range of Health and Safety Signs as they are all bespoke and made to order, Health and Safety Posters are not affected by this.
All Training Courses and Bespoke Health and Safety Documentation will be delivered Electronically via Email or directly via our ELearning Websites. All bespoke Health and Safety Documentation will be supplied in PDF format unless otherwise stated. Course logon details will be emailed to the email address provided at the time of ordering once the order has been received and processed. All training courses must be completed within 6 months of being purchased. All online training courses are sold as individual training training course, ie: one person per course; if multiple candidates need to complete the training, the corresponding number of courses will need to be purchased and each candidate will be provided with their own unique login. Online courses are not designed for group training.
Free delivery is available on qualifying orders only and only applies to products being sent using our UK Express delivery option and does NOT include deliveries to the Highlands; Islands (inc. IoW, IoM, CI's etc); or Northern Ireland. To qualify for free delivery your order must be over £150.00 (exc. VAT and delivery charges), we also reverse the right to withdraw our free delivery service at any time and without notice.
You will be notified by e-mail that your order has been received and processed. Safety Services Direct Ltd reserves the right to decline any orders, for any reason, and will usually offer an explanation for the refusal of your order. Safety Services Direct Ltd uses a well-established delivery contractor offering what we believe to be the most reliable service available, allowing your purchases to arrive in the best possible condition. We aim to deliver your goods within 24-48 hours from receipt of cleared payment (excluding weekends and holidays); however, please allow up to 28 days for delivery. We can deliver to your business address or any alternative address specified – please advise us when placing your order. As we deliver from a number of warehouse units throughout the UK, your order may be despatched in one or more packages. If items are not in stock, or the order will be unduly delayed we will contact you either by telephone or email to advise you of this.
If you receive damged products or if any items are missing from your order, you must notify us within 24 hours so that the appropriate actions can be taken. If the package is obviously damaged, please make a note as such when signing for the delivery.
Please note that customised, special order, bespoke products and online training courses are non-returnable or refundable. Delivery charges will not be refunded. If you want to return your goods for whatever reason, send them back to us within seven days of receipt.
If you are returning goods simply because you have changed your mind, and you would like a refund, the goods must be returned unopened, in perfect condition and with the security seal (where applicable) intact to the address shown on the sales invoice.
If you are returning damaged or faulty goods, Safety Services Direct Ltd will supply you with replacement goods at no extra cost.
A 20% administration/restocking fee will levied against any orders that have been cancelled or returned, including undelivereable items. Please note that the delivery costs to send the item to you originally will also not be refunded and that we will need to receive all returned goods within 7 days from receipt of the goods to you. Failure to return them within this period will result in the items not being refunded at all.
A valid receipt/sales invoice should be also enclosed for any item(s) being returned.
As the customer you are also responsible for writing to us to explain your dissatisfaction with the goods, or for providing a description of the damage. You are reminded of your responsibility to the items in your care. Safety Services Direct Ltd cannot accept responsibility for damages of goods in your care, or in transit when returning items to us.
As proof of postage cannot be regarded as proof of delivery, we would suggest that you use recorded delivery, registered post or a courier to return items. It might also be a good idea to insure the goods for their full value, as we cannot accept liability for any damage or loss incurred in the post.
Safety Services Direct Ltd will, at all times, assure you of the best possible service, however in accepting this, your statutory rights are not affected or limited in any way.
Trade Descriptions Act:
Every care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions, pictures and specifications are correct and are accurate at the time of publication. Products may however differ slightly to the images shown, but will always be of an equivalent or higher standard. Occasionally with generic items such as clothing and first aid supplies, products may become discontinued or simply be no longer available and in these situations we reserve the right to provide equivalent products from alternative manufacturers/suppliers.
Software products are intended to be used as a management tool by competent persons.
As products are regularly updated; rebranded and improved, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), First Aid Kits/Supplies and other Safety Products such as posters, signs and notices etc may vary slightly to those illustrated, but will always be of an equivalent or higher standard.
All customised and bespoke documentation prepared for clients will be issued in secure PDF Format unless otherwise stated.
Safety Services Direct Ltd reserve the right to alter our prices at any time. All our prices are denominated in UK Pounds Sterling (£). Where applicable, VAT will be added at the current UK rate.
We accept a broad range of payment types - inc Visa, MasterCard, Meastro and Electron. Your order will only be processed subject to payment being authorised. Please note that the payment transaction will take place prior to delivery. Safety Services Direct Ltd use WorldPay for online credit and debit clearing, in conjunction with the Royal Bank of Scotland.
We are also able to take cheque payments by mail, cheques should be made payable to Safety Services Direct Ltd.
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with the best possible service. The type of personal information includes:
We will never collect sensitive information about you or any payment information without your consent. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act). We will only share your details with our ‘Partners’ as and when it is considered necessary. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date as far as possible. If you find any inaccuracies please inform us and we will correct it as soon as possible. The personal information, which we hold, will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us at info@SafetyServicesDirect.com and we will endeavour to reply within 5 working days. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to opt in to receive a promotional/informational flyer on a regular basis. You may however opt out of this service after receiving your first email.
Purchases of Safety Services Direct Ltd’s Software is subject to a Software Licence Agreement. Your purchase of the software signifies your acceptance of this Licence Agreement as specified below:
Safety Services Direct reserves the right to decline any order including software on any basis. In the event the purchase has been completed, the order may be declined and a full refund made.
Safety Services Direct undertake a number of checks for each product purchase. If our criteria is not met, an order may be declined. The above criteria is srtrictly confidential.
Software Licence Agreement
Notice to User
This is a contract. By purchasing our Software, you accept all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The Safety Services Direct Ltd End User Licence Agreement accompanies Safety Services Direct Ltd Software products and related explanatory written materials, and any written material directly produced by the products which in its entirety, can be attributed to Safety Services Direct Ltd's copyrighted material(“Software”). The term 'Software' shall also include any upgrades, modified versions, templates or updates of the Software licensed to you by Safety Services Direct Ltd. This copy of the Software is licensed to you as the end user. You must read this Agreement carefully. Safety Services Direct Ltd grants to you a nonexclusive license to use the Software, provided that you agree to the following:
1. Copyright. Safety Services Direct Ltd owns the Software. Copyright Law and International Treaty Provisions protect the Software. Therefore you must treat the Software like any other copyrighted material. You agree not to reproduce the software wholly or partly, you agree not to modify, adapt, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software. This Agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights to the Software.
2. Use of the Software. This Software is licensed for use by a single user. You may install one copy of the Software in a single location on a hard disk or other storage device. You may install and use the Software on a file server for use on a network for the purpose of permanent installation, or other storage devices, or use the Software over such networks to make a backup copy of the Software.
3. Transfer. You must not rent, lease, lend or sublicense the Software. You are strictly prohibited from transferring your rights to use the Software to another person or organisation without the explicit written permission of an authorised officer from Safety Services Direct Ltd
4. No Warranty. The Software is being delivered to you AS IS and Safety Services Direct Ltd and its Partners makes no warranty as to its use or performance. Safety Services Direct Ltd and its Partners makes no warranties, expressed or implied, as to the fitness of the Software for any particular purpose, the performance of, or the results that you may obtain by using the Software. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information and content of the Software is accurate, but no responsibility can be accepted for any errors or omissions; or for any incorrect assumptions or conclusions reached from using the Software. The Software is not intended to be, nor should it be considered as amounting to, professional advice that is capable of being relied upon. Users should seek their own competent advice where required. In no event will Safety Services Direct Ltd or its Partners be liable to you for ANY consequential, incidental or special damages, including any lost profits or lost savings.
5. Governing Law and General Provisions. The laws of England and Wales will govern this Agreement. If any part of this Agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the remaining aspects of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. You agree that the Software will not be exported, transferred or shipped into any other country, or used in any manner prohibited by export laws, restrictions or regulations. This Agreement shall automatically terminate upon failure, by you, to comply with any or all of these terms. This Agreement may only be modified, in a written format, by an authorised officer of Safety Services Direct Ltd.
© Copyright 2004-2016 Safety Services Direct Ltd. All rights reserved.
Registered Office: Units 7 & 8 Danver Court, Clovelly Road Ind. Est., Bideford, EX39 3HN
Registered in England and Wales.
Company No: 5216927.
VAT No: GB 862 971 685