Online Legionella Training Course Overview
- PLEASE NOTE: This course cannot be taken on a mobile phone
- Approved by RoSPA
- Professional Online Training Course
- Course can be taken on desktop, laptop or tablet
- Instant 24/7 access
- Out of hours email support
- Download legionella certificate upon completion
- Bulk discounts available
- Chartered health and safety e-learning supplier
About The Online Legionella Training Course
In just 45 minutes, you can complete this RoSPA approved legionella training and receive your legionella certificate to ensure you are working to the best and safest practices.
Legionella bacteria is found in natural water sources such as lakes and rivers, as well as purpose-built water systems, and it can cause an illness known as legionnaires’ disease which is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia.
Though cases of legionnaires' disease are rare, when it does occur, it has the potential to kill and can be extremely expensive to deal with and control.
To meet your obligations under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, you need to assess the Legionella risk in your water systems including hot and cold water, evaporative cooling and other plants. You must have a written scheme which describes what competent people are doing to manage the Legionella risks in the workplace.
Even if someone is tasked with simply running the taps once a week, they should understand why this could be a vital part of keeping people safe from legionella. This is where our legionella training course comes in.
It outlines typical water management tasks and helps employees understand why each task is important in reducing the risk of legionella. The legionella online course also looks at what happens when businesses do not safely manage their water systems, and how their role will break the chain of events that can lead to a death caused by Legionnaires' disease.
Please note: This e-learning course only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
Who Is the Legionella Training For?
This course is ideal for deployment to anyone whose work might involve using water systems or maintain/operating plant such as air conditioning systems.
This online legionella training can be used as a primer training for beginners, or as a refresher course, and is easily blended with a practical demonstration to provide more practical and thorough instruction.
Benefits of our Online Legionella Awareness Training
- Reduce risks from water systems by making sure employees understand the importance of water management tasks and their role in controlling legionella bacteria
- Improve your ability to defend yourself in the event of an outbreak by explaining to employees the necessity for following a written scheme and accurately documenting water management tasks
- Provides records of training and testing of knowledge as part of your legal duty to provide employees with suitable and sufficient information, instruction, and training
- Online legionella training is a highly cost and time effective way of training and assessing a large number of staff
- Flexible online training system which means that the course doesn't interfere with working hours and can be completed at a convenient time
Legionella Training Objectives
The legionella Training Course aims to teach employees:
- The conditions which encourage legionella bacteria growth and its impact on human health
- The different types of water systems and typical water management tasks
- The importance of recording water management tasks in a site diary
- When to seek advice
Legionella Training Course Content And Structure
The course is broken into five modules with a test at the end, on this course employees will learn:
- Water Systems
- Hot & cold water
- Evaporative & other
Once the legionella training course has been completed successfully, you can instantly download the legionella certificate and print as hard copy evidence of completion, or save and email to the necessary party for an electronic version.
When Can I Take the Legionella Training?
Once you have completed your purchase of the legionella course, you can get started right away which means you can be certified in less than hour after purchasing.
You can also access the course any time of day, including outside of typical working hours, and on your desktop, laptop or tablet.