Job title: Health and Safety Consultant
Location: Birmingham City Centre
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience plus commission structure
Hours: Full time, Permanent Job
Are you looking for your next challenge? Wanting to join a growing forward-thinking business with a team that has a passion for Health and Safety and excellence in customer services?
Guardian support is a Human Resources, Employment Law and Health and Safety Consultancy with a UK wide client base.
We are delighted to announce that we are now looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Practitioner to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will not only show passion and dedication to health and safety but is able to fully engage with our client base to support and coach on the practical aspects of all areas of health and safety.
Reporting to the Group Operations Director you will be responsible for providing practical dedicated telephone/email advice, guidance and support to your dedicated client base, as well as attending client’s sites to carry out risk assessments, audits/inspections, training and policy development in line with agreed service provisions.
Additionally, the role will initially provide Maternity Cover in our sister Company of Safety Services Direct (you will however be recruited on a permanent basis). You will be assisting predominantly construction-based companies in SSIP applications such as CHAS, SMAS and Construction Line, drafting bespoke RAMS, CDM Compliance including Construction Phase Planning.
You will demonstrate pragmatic, best practice solution-based approaches with a can do attitude.
Initially this role will be office based whilst working for our sister company. This role will then become a home-based role with UK wide travel to client’s sites with the potential of occasional overnight stays. As such you will require a full UK driving licence and own car.
Although following the maternity cover, you will work for Guardian Support, you will be required to cover any work for our sister company as and when required therefore will be cross trained across both businesses.
- Advise and support clients on all aspects of Health and Safety
- Conduct on site Risk Assessments, Audits, Inspections, GAP analysis in line with service stipulations
- Production of reports with clear action plans and policies within specified service level deadlines
- Identify opportunities to enhance and enrich customer experience and service delivery
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of NEBOSH general certificate
- Generalist knowledge of all areas of Health and Safety
- Construction industry experience/qualification a benefit •
- Food Safety Auditing Qualifications beneficial but not essential
- Excellent administration skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to engage and obtain buy in from clients Salary: Competitive Salary depending on skills and experience
33 days holiday (including a day off for Birthday)
Potential to participate in non-contractual Profitability Bonus Scheme.
Auto enrolment into Pension
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 348 7805 or to apply for the role, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.