Job title: Health and Safety Consultant
Location: Birmingham City Centre
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 OTE, dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week. Maternity Cover with a view to permanency.
Safety Services Direct was established 2004 with the aim of making it easy for employers and business owners to meet health and safety regulations in the workplace. Safety Services Direct are now a leading provider of online Health and Safety Training, Consultancy and PPE products, based in Birmingham City Centre.
We are now looking for an experienced Health and Safety Consultant to join our growing team. Whilst this role is initially providing Maternity Cover, it is envisaged that due to the forecasted growth, the role could become permanent.
The successful Health and Safety Practitioner will work towards agreed objectives and clearly defined deliverables, assisting the Technical Team in the fulfilment of client requirements and orders.
With the role being predominantly telephone support, you will lead, drive and develop the group and its sub brands online presence to reflect its status as an industry leader. You will utilize best practice approaches to drive paid, organic and content strategies across the Group's core segments for each market. There may also be some occasional travelling to client sites in order to conduct a number of risk assessments and accident investigations, focusing on risk prevention, safety coaching and ensuring that recommended Health and Safety policies and procedures are adopted at the client’s sites.
- Writing and amending Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Able to undertake COSHH Assessments
- Able to convey a working knowledge of H&S Legislation to clients, around their specific queries
- Able to answer client queries – specifically requirements on PPE and H&S Training
- Drive sales by upselling products and services to a new and existing client base
- To undertake a variety of audits and risk assessments at clients' premises including; Health & Safety risk assessments & Fire risk assessments, if required
- Drafting of health and safety policies and procedures
- Bespoke consultancy services as required by clients
- To follow the IOSH code of conduct and carry out your work in accordance with our internal policies & procedures
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience working within H&S
- Ability to quickly build up rapport over the telephone and face to face
- Construction industry knowledge and experience required
- Good administration skills
- Experience completing SSIP applications (CHAS, SafeContractor)
- Minimum of IOSH Managing Safely qualification
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum; and ideally an NVQ / NCRQ /NEBOSH Diploma
- Knowledge of CAR 2012 Regulations would be an advantage
- CSCS Card Holder
Why this is a great opportunity
- We are a dynamic and growing business with a fantastic clientele
- Exposure to varied industries in a fast paced environment.
- It is an opportunity to add a huge amount of value to your CV and career
- This is a role that is suited for someone with varied experience looking to take the next step in their career
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 348 7805 or to apply for the role, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.