The Contractors CDM Compliance Kit has been prepared to assist both Principle Contractors and Contractors in fulfilling their duties under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations that came into force in 2015, and apply to a far wider range of projects and contractors than ever before.
For example, every project now requires a Construction Phase Plan to be prepared, regardless of the size or scale of the works being undertaken; CDM 2015 now also applies to all domestic works as well as commercial works. Furthermore, if there is more than one contractor on the project, a Principle Contractor must be appointed even on domestic works.
The increased levels of paperwork and bureaucracy are likely to be overwhelming for many small contractors, many of whom have previously not been affected by the CDM Regulations due to the nature of the works that they do, but under CDM 2015 there are no such exemptions and the CDM Regulations apply to all construction, building, maintenance, refurbishment and repair works no matter how small.
The Contractors CDM Compliance Kit is, therefore, an essential tool for every contractor. It is your health and safety toolkit and contains all the essential information and documentation needed to comply with the requirements of the CDM Regulations 2015 and, where necessary, enables you to demonstrate your compliance with CDM 2015.
For those who do not have a detailed working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015, achieving compliance with the regulations is likely to be a challenging and daunting prospect, even many health and safety professionals simply do not understand the complexities and requirements of the 2015 CDM Regulations.
Hence, we have designed the Contractors CDM Compliance Kit, to help and assist the smaller contractor who does not necessarily have access to health and safety advice or have the first-hand detailed knowledge of the requirements of CDM 2015.
All of the information is supplied in a PDF that will be sent to you electronically. This means that you will have instant access to your Contractors CDM Compliance Kit, and you will be able to refer to it whenever you need to so you are not restricted to using your kit for just one project.
The key elements of this Contractors CDM Compliance Kit are:
- An overview of the CDM 2015 Regulations
- A summary of the main duties of the key CDM 2015 duty holders
- A CDM 2015 checklist/audit sheer stating the actions needed to demonstrate compliance
- Flow chart to assist in determining when a project is notifiable under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Procedures for the Management and Control of Contractors
- A detailed CDM Construction Phase Plan for use on CDM Notifiable Projects which can be edited and amended for specific projects
- A second CDM Construction Phase Plan template for use on minor works which are short duration and nonnotifiable under CDM 2015
- Contractors Competence and Resource Questionnaires
- Designers Competence and Resource Questionnaires
- Management of Health, Safety and Welfare procedures
- Contractor Start Up Form
- Health, Safety and Welfare Inspection Reports
At no added cost, we also provide ongoing phone and email support in the use and application of your Contractors CDM Compliance Kit.