To request a callback, please fill in the form below
3M FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit - Bitter
Our 3M FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit - Bitter Qualitative RPE face fit testing kits are compatible with testing FFP1, FFP2, FFP3 filtering face pieces and half facemask respirators and dust masks fitted with particulate or combined filters. Face Fit Testing is a legal requirement under the COSHH Regulations.
The 3M FT30 Bitter Face Fit Testing Kit is a low cost, high quality option which requires no expensive training courses and instantly confirms whether or not the chosen respirator is providing a satisfactory seal on the face.
Those doing the testing should however, be competent in the procedures and testing requirements. It is an essential piece of equipment under the COSHH Regulations to help demonstrate compliance with the requirements for face fit testing of respirators and dust masks.
The choice between the bitter (FT30) and sweet (FT10) Face Fit Testing Kits is a personal one, however a small percentage of the population are unable to detect saccharin (used in the Sweet Test Solution) in which case the bitter test solution as used in the 3M FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit must be used.
Key Features of the 3M FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit:
- FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit for FFP1, FFP2, FFP3 filtering facepieces and half facemask respirators
- Mandatory requirement under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)
- Inexpensive method of undertaking Face Fit Testing
- Simple to use - 3M also publish online videos to demonstrate the correct use of the 3M FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit to ensure that the correct face fit testing procedures are followed
- Includes Bitter Testing and Sensitivity sprays - Refills are also available
- No Calibration of equipment required
- Detection makes wearer feel more involved in the face fit testing process
- No modification of the respirator or dust mask is required
Health and Safety Law requires anyone using respirators, including disposable single use respirators and dust masks, to complete a face fit test to ensure that the respirators properly fit the face of the wearer and therefore, provide the best level of protection. A poorly fitted respirator offers little or no protection to the wearer and so the completion of Face Fit Test using the 3M FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit for users of respirators is essential.
The 3m FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit can be used with respirators of ANY MAKE! So the 3M FT30 Face Fit Testing Kit can be used with respirators from not only 3M, but also Moldex; Respair; Scott Safety; JSP; Draeger; Sundstrom; Keep Safe; plus many more etc...
Our 3M FT30 Bitter Face Fit Testing Kit Includes:
- Hood & Collar
- 2 Nebulisers
- Sensitivity solution
- Fit test solution
- Laminated user instructions